Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth

Somebody once told me I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.  As you know, I've taken a lot of bad advice from people in the past, so I decided that, for once, I was not going to fall for their trap.  So I phoned up a rich relative and told them that I wanted a horse for my birthday, and upon receipt of said gift, I looked that horse straight in the mouth.  And that no-good-son-of-a-mare bit me right on the nose.  Apparently some people's advice is worth paying attention to...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like this quote and others from Mark Sheldon's Dossier of Flayed Cliches? Why not wear it? All daily Flayed Cliches are now being made available as T-shirts in men's and women's sizes at Mark Sheldon's Spreadshirt store!

Note: The Flayed Cliche of the Day may not always be available until a few hours after it's been posted, so if you can't find it yet, check back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment