Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Close but no Cigar

A friend and I were once playing Battleship.  I called out "B-5."  He replied, "Close, but no cigar."  I told him that I wasn't looking for a cigar, I was looking for his submarine, and that if he tried to smoke that little piece of plastic I would expect that he would be sorely disappointed.  He looked at me oddly, and then walked away, right in the middle of our game.  Some people can be such poor-losers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like this quote and others from Mark Sheldon's Dossier of Flayed Cliches? Why not wear it? All daily Flayed Cliches are now being made available as T-shirts in men's and women's sizes at Mark Sheldon's Spreadshirt store!

Note: The Flayed Cliche of the Day may not always be available until a few hours after it's been posted, so if you can't find it yet, check back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment