Thursday, September 16, 2010

Buy a Lemon

One time, I took a friend along to go looking for a new car.  After looking at one of the cars, he told me that it would be buying a lemon.  I looked at him oddly and said, "I don't know where you buy your lemons, but if they're charging you several thousand dollars for a lemon, you need to start doing your grocery shopping somewhere else."  Despite his odd comment, I ended up buying the car, and it broke down and died a couple miles away from the dealership.  I suspect that my "friend" had put lemon juice in the gas tank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like this quote and others from Mark Sheldon's Dossier of Flayed Cliches? Why not wear it? All daily Flayed Cliches are now being made available as T-shirts in men's and women's sizes at Mark Sheldon's Spreadshirt store!

Note: The Flayed Cliche of the Day may not always be available until a few hours after it's been posted, so if you can't find it yet, check back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment